- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
2013 State Fair 4-H Scholarship Summary
The following Scholarships are available to Oregon 4-H members who are seniors in high school and have been active in County and/or State Fair. Applications must be approved and signed by county Extension 4-H agents, who will then forward the applications to the State 4-H Office by March 1. Check with your local county 4-H agent to find out when applications are due in their office.
Two $1000 scholarships (availability not yet confirmed for 2013)
One $500 Scholarship (availability not yet confirmed for 2013)
Must have exhibited at Oregon State Fair for at least two years
|Oregon Fairs Foundation 4-H Scholarship||
Two $1000 scholarships
Must have exhibited at County Fair for at least two years
4-H Fair Scholarship Application Guidelines
Submit all the information below, in the order listed, by hard copy. No electronic applications will be accepted. County Extension 4-H agents must approve and sign all applications. Do not submit applications in a notebook or report cover.
- State Fair 4-H Scholarship Application.
- One two page essay explaining the benefits of fair participation for youth, and why such opportunities should continue in the future. Also outline your educational and career plans. Essay should be single-sided pages, double spaced, in 12 point Times Roman Font with one inch margins.
- A fair leadership summary and 4-H fair exhibit and contest summary at pre-fair, county fair and state fair (1 page maximum each form).
Use the official Summary forms which are included with the application. Information included in the table is:
- Responsibility you had
- Number of hours spent at the fair
- Two completed reference forms. Only the official Scholarship Reference Form (found in the State Fair 4-H Scholarship Application) will be accepted. Recommendations from your County 4-H Extension Agent, program assistant, leader, fair superintendent or others familiar with your 4-H work are desirable. References from family members are not suitable. References may be printed and completed by hand. Forms should be returned to you in a sealed envelope.
- Include a copy of high school transcript, to verify GPA.
Revised October 2012