- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
National 4-H Congress
National 4-H Congress is held each Thanksgiving weekend in Atlanta, Georgia. Over 1,000 4-H members from all 50 states and Puerto Rico attend Congress. Watch a video from 2011 National 4-H Congress. At Congress, delegates hear inspirational speakers, participate in cultural workshops, a large-scale community service project, and other fun activities. Oregon Congress trip winners typically demonstrate a considerable breadth and depth of 4-H experience.
2014 Delegation to National 4-H Congress, Atlanta, GA.
The Oregon 4-H program views National 4-H Congress as an important opportunity for 4-H members and is committed to providing this experience to as many 4-H members who can benefit from it as possible. Because the trips to Congress are dependent on donations, a selection process is held each year. The State 4-H Recognition Committee selects Congress delegates based on the member's overall achievement in 4-H projects, leadership, communication, citizenship/community service and readiness to benefit from Congress.
National 4-H Congress Eligibility Requirements
- Members must have at least three years of 4-H participation, including the current year.
- The 4-H member must be an active 4-H participant during the current 4-H year.
- Members must be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grades at the time of application.
National 4-H Congress Application and Instructions
4-H members complete and submit the Congress application to their county Extension office by the due date established by the county. Each application must include a completed submission form and the 4-H Resume.
- In addition to the Congress application, final Congress candidates are required to attend a personal formal interview held during 4-H Summer Conference, in late June.
- Congress finalists are required to attend the entire day of interviews and stay for the announcement of the Congress delegation, which occurs on the last day of Summer Conference. Interview candidates for National 4-H Congress are encouraged to participate in the whole confernce.