- Get Involved
- Oregon 4-H Outreach
- International Elementary Camp
- Migrant Middle School Camp
- Multicultural Summer Camp
- Oli Part l
- OLI Part ll
- Oli Part lll
- Oli Part IV
- Outreach Leadership Institute
- Educational Soccer Tournament
- About Outreach
- Outreach Staff
- Programs and Activities
- Program Resources
- Successful Outreach Practices
- County Outreach Programs
- Sustainable Communities
- Camps and Tours
- Awards and Recognition
- Challenge and Adventure
- Global Citizenship - International Exchange
- Science Rich Learning (SRL)
- ATV / Tractor Certification
- 4-H After School
- Forms & Info
- Pagina Principal
About County Medals
County Medals are available to recognize 4 H members in project or activity areas who have demonstrated advanced accomplishments in a 4-H project, as well as in leadership and citizenship activities.
Counties must order and pay for medals directly from the National 4-H Supply Service.
- Members must be in the 7th through 12th grades
- Members may receive only one project medal per year
- Members may also receive a Fashion Revue Medal or an Achievement Medal in the same year they receive a project medal.
- If merited by outstanding accomplishment, members may receive the same medal once as an Intermediate and once as a Senior. (Exception: Fashion Revue and Achievement Medals may only be awarded once to any member).
Applications for county medals can be made in two ways: 1) The 4-H leader nominates members and has him or her fill out a County Medal Application Form. The leader then writes a recommendation and signs the application form; or 2) A member initiates his or her own nomination by completing a County Medal Application Form and taking it to his or her leader for signature and leader recommendation.
Counties are responsible for developing a procedure to select county medal winners, and forwarding the list of winners to the state 4-H Office. It is recommended that Counties form a Recognition Committee to review medal applications. Please refer to the Guidelines for Reviewing County Medal Applications for assistance in selecting medal recipients.