- Get Involved
- Forms & Info
- Pagina Principal
National 4-H Congress
National 4-H Congress is held each Thanksgiving weekend in Atlanta, Georgia. Over 1,000 4-H members from all 50 states and Puerto Rico attend Congress. Watch a video from 2011 National 4-H Congress. At Congress, delegates hear inspirational speakers, participate in workshops, engage in a large-scale community service project, and enjoy many other fun activities.
The Oregon 4-H program views National 4-H Congress as an important opportunity for 4-H members and is committed to providing this experience to as many 4-H members who can benefit from it as possible. Because the trips to Congress are dependent on donations, a selection process is held each year. The State 4-H Recognition Committee selects Congress delegates based on the member's overall achievement in 4-H projects, leadership, communication, citizenship/community service and readiness to benefit from Congress. Oregon Congress trip winners typically demonstrate a considerable breadth and depth of 4-H experience.
National 4-H Congress Eligibility Requirements
- Members must have at least three years of 4-H participation, including the current year.
- The 4-H member must be an active 4-H participant during the current 4-H year.
- Members must be at least 15 years old at the time of application.
National 4-H Congress Application and Instructions
4-H members complete and submit the Congress application to their county Extension office by the due date established by the county. Each application must include a completed submission form and the 4-H Resume.
- In addition to the Congress application, final Congress candidates are required to attend a personal formal interview held during 4-H Summer Conference in late June.
- Congress finalists are required to attend the entire day of interviews and stay for the announcement of the Congress delegation, which occurs on the last day of Summer Conference. Interview candidates for National 4-H Congress are encouraged to participate in the whole conference.
Application Procedures for Counties
Counties submit the County Nominations for National 4-H Congress form and the completed applicstions to the State 4-H Office by March 1.