- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Videography is the making of videos or movies. It is a way to communicate a message through the thoughts and creativity of one person or a team of people. The following resources will give some background and basic information to get started in making a video.
Member and Leader Materials
- Making a Video (213-200A/Mar 2009) gives an overview of the entire process.
- Video Preproduction (213-200B/Mar 2009) covers the preproduction steps.
- Video Productions Steps (213-200C/Mar 2009) includes equipment and composition of the shots.
- Video Postproduction (213-200D/Mar 2009) covers editing and putting it all together.
- My 4-H (_____) Project Record, 4-H 038R (fillable version)
Additional Materials and Resources
- The Virtual 4-H Filmmaking Studio & Workshop has lots of online instruction and examples.
- Portraits of Oregon: Youth Exploring Culture and Community Kit focuses on documentaries (available for checkout from the state 4-H office)
These websites are listed for educational purposes and do not constitute endorsement of any products they sell. Additional commercial and informational sites may be found by using "making videos", "kids making videos" or similar words in a web search engine.
Kids'Vid is an educational website providing basic instruction and an online storyboard tool. There are examples of several types of videos including animation in the theatre section.
County and State Fair books give detailed class descriptions